NOTICE: All photos copyright by D.T. and S. D. Stanton. All rights reserved.

9.27.2009

TJ Maxx Playground

Yesterday, Shelley and I were in TJ Maxx just killing some time, looking to see what we can see. We found ourselves in the household goods section. It wasn't long before we heard the crash and clanging of falling pots pans. I just snickered to myself, wondering if Shelley had knocked something over in the next aisle. (Just kidding.) ;) I kept hearing the rattle and clanging of pots and pans for several minutes "too long" and drifted around the end of the aisle to see what was going on. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

There in the next aisle was a young couple who had a baby with them - maybe toddler age, maybe not quite yet. While the "adults" were obliviously looking through the cookware, their baby was sitting on the floor, playing with numerous pots and pans scattered all over the aisle - as if he was in his own toy room! Say WHAAAAAAT????? You bring your baby to a department store and let him play as if in his own toy room? ....and not pay any attention to him?

What is wrong with people these days?!

-Dale
.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea, but I think if you can figure it out, write about it and actually convince people to change, you'll win something akin to the Nobel Prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment ,there must be numerous reasons why most of the kids today are out of control so very much more than years gone by, I know the old saying of 'kids should be seen but not heard ' sounds so hard and sort of victorian but you know I think those kids that were made to bide by certain rules ,standards , parental control in years gone by have grown up with more respect , manners and in general a decent way of treating others .
    To me discipline and learning always starts in the home , shame that over the years it seems that many parents have lost what it takes to instill all the decency and manners that it takes to grow a child into a decent adult.

    Too much too soon I believe in materialistic items , I know we sometimes love to see out kids have things we didnt manage to get as a child ,but there is a fine line and often I think its crossed and we see kids being spoiled and expecting more and more and more and when they don't get it ,tantrums and the likes start and then its the kids who have the control over the parents, I often see a mom or dad giving in as they can.t stand the crying or the hysterics of a child being told NO you CAN'T have or do that.
    Think if I continue this comment I could be in the running for the Nobel prize Jeanie ~wishful thinking that I could change something in the world ; )

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin