NOTICE: All photos copyright by D.T. and S. D. Stanton. All rights reserved.

5.31.2012

Birding

I was out in our back yard after work yesterday looking for "our" Kites, and came across a pair doing their usual Spring fever dances. I got out my telescope and coupled my camera up to it to see if I could get it adjusted right for some shots. I wound up taking some video of a female Mississippi Kite grooming herself in a tree a couple of houses down the street. Here is the result, not cropped or anything.

(A female Mississippi Kite grooms herself.)

The telescope I used was a 1200mm Maksutov-Cassegrain catadioptric 'scope. A "catadioptric" telescope is a hybrid reflector and refractor telescope. Used with my camera (without eyepieces) it's about 4x as powerful as our biggest camera lenses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin