NOTICE: All photos copyright by D.T. and S. D. Stanton. All rights reserved.

6.10.2012

Saturday Stuff

The "daughter we never had" is getting married to her best friend next month (a pretty cool guy), and she had her wedding shower yesterday. I will be shooting her wedding, so naturally I got some shots at her shower, too. (I haven't gotten permission yet to put any up publicly. When I do, I'll probably put some up on my PBase site as well as a couple of them here.) Amanda says Shelley and I are her "other parents". We consider her our daughter, too.

After we got home from the shower, Buster was not out in plain view as he is most of the time when we get home from anywhere. We didn't think too much of it. He takes spells where he just likes to camp out under a bed or somewhere secluded. Time went by, and still no Buster. The search began. I did a cursory check of his usual spots, but no Buster. I got the flashlight and did a more thorough search. It is kinda dark under beds and other hidey-holes he uses. I even checked the bathroom. (We've closed him up in there accidentally before.) Called for him, tempting him with "wet food" - not a sign or sound. The search continued. Why is it you always find what you're looking for in the last place you look?  ;)  Turns out, when I opened the closet door in the hallway, there laid a little furry boy - looking up at me with an inquisitive look on his face. Don't know if he was asking me "What?", or maybe "Why did you shut me up in here?" He didn't seem real anxious to come out. We have no idea just how long he was there, but we suspect it was hours! Never had an accident, even though we wouldn't blame him if he did.

That boy...!  :)


1 comment:

  1. You and Shelley are my other parents. Hayley considers y'all her other grandparents. That lucky little snot has 3 sets who love her very much and spoil her rotten! y'all know you have my permission to put up the pics. Glad y'all came and shared some happy times with me. I love you and Shelley very much!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin