NOTICE: All photos copyright by D.T. and S. D. Stanton. All rights reserved.

8.01.2009

Ah..... A cool mountain stream in New Mexico


A cool mountain stream at El Porvenir Campground, New Mexico

Dale and I had to take off our shoes and socks and wade a little.

--00--

From Dale:

Here are a few of the shots I took on our road trip Friday.

New Mexico Highway 104 is a bit on the desolate side at times.

A log cabin is dwarfed by Hermit's Peak, west of Las Vegas, NM.

I have no idea what butterfly this is. It sits on a mountain aster.

Not sure what this one is either, but it appears to have had a rough life.

This is a black-billed Magpie. It's the first I've seen in person, and there were a lot of them in one small area.

.

1 comment:

  1. It did feel great! Can't remember the last time I dipped my toes in a nice, cool mountain stream. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin