NOTICE: All photos copyright by D.T. and S. D. Stanton. All rights reserved.

8.16.2009

Billboards

"My" billboards are up! We checked a couple of them out yesterday before going to a birthday party. Mine is the one for KACV with The Lighthouse on it. I took the photo on my first hike (6 miles round trip) to The Lighthouse in Palo Duro Canyon while shooting photos for a calendar.

This one is on 45th, viewable eastbound just before Teckla.

Viewable southbound on Western at 33rd, south of I-40.
.

3 comments:

  1. They look great! Now we need to get photos of the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just way-cool.

    I have an online friend from England who came over here to see me several times. I took her to Palo Duro Canyon and we "thought" about hiking to the Lighthouse but we didn't have any water (it was August!) and at the time my hip was hurtin'.

    I've been to the canyon several dozen times but never did hike to see that lovely formation.

    It had been several years since I had been down there and I was really disappointed to find out that the Sad Monkey Railroad was no longer. That was one of the best things about the park.

    I've never been to see Texas, either, and need to do that someday.

    Anyway...congrats on your billboards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mike! :) I took a half gallon of water with me to The Lighthouse, but it was just enough. They recommend taking a gallon with you.

    The show is well worth it, barbecue or not. *G* I haven't seen that show, but did see Texas Legacies a few years ago. I hear TEXAS! is even better.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin